The electronic signature requires a unique identification of the user. Our Smart Registration Service (SRS) enables the coupling of identification with an authentication method for electronic signing without re-identification for each signature. This includes a bundle of various identification methods, e.g. SRS Video, SRS Bank, SRS Direct or SRS eID. The SRS offers a standardised interface that you can flexibly integrate into your workflow to enable your end customers to use electronic signatures. You can find an example of such an integration on our identification page.
legally compliant identification and registration for electronic signature
With a one-time registration and identification by SRS, your customers can sign multiple times and use the Signing Service. Depending on the identification method, signing can take place over a certain period of time, e.g. 5 years with a video identification. In the signature process, you only use authentication method to express the declaration of intent for the signature.
You choose the most suitable identification methods for your process and offer this to your end customers based on their requirements, matching:
- the legal area EU or Switzerland in which the signature should take place,
- the legal weight of the signature: qualified or advanced
- the technical possibilities that your end customer has.
Best methods on the market
With the integration of the Smart Registration Service, you gain access to the best and most innovative methods for identification on the market. This enables you to quickly and efficiently empower your end customers with electronic signatures.
Our auditors continuously check our processes and systems as an accredited certification authority and provider of trust services in the EU and Switzerland (in accordance with eIDAS and ZertES). At the same time, all registration procedures offered in the SRS are permitted in the relevant jurisdictions according to the legal weight of the signature (qualified or advanced).
Legally compliant and certified
With the Smart Registration Service as your identification solution, you are choosing the only pan-European service provider that enables legally valid qualified electronic signing, taking into account industry-specific requirements and compliance regulations. We are a certified trust service provider and adhere to a wide range of standards, requirements and laws.
eIDAS EU Regulation
ZertES Swiss Federal Law
ETSI Standards for PKI (EN 319401, EN 319411-1,EN 319411-2)
The integration of Smart Registration Service
- The service provider’s customer portal requests the catalogue of possible identification methods (e.g. SRS Video, SRS Bank or SRS eID) from Swisscom. The approved jurisdiction (eiDAS – EU/ ZertES – Switzerland) and the signature level (advanced or qualified) are transmitted.
- The service provider selects the appropriate identification methods for its customer portal.
- Swisscom opens an order with the identification partner and provides a URL for the end customer in the service provider’s customer portal.
- The end customer is redirected to the portal of the identification partner and goes through the identification process according to the selected identification method.
- The identification partner provides Swisscom with the evidence data of the identification and the registered authentication method.
- The service provider has the option of using the end customer’s identification data for its own purposes.
Connection of your own identification method
As a service provider, partner of signature application or identity provider, you also have the option of connecting your own identification method to the Smart Registration Service. The integration requires compliance with the requirements of the legislation and applicable regulations as well as an implementation concept and, if necessary, an audit. We support you in the creation of the implementation concept and the audit process and submit the release for your procedure to the responsible authorities for approval. You can find more information in our White Paper.